2x Chopped onions
1kg Beef mince
2x Slices of white bread
250ml + 125ml Milk
30ml Curry powder
45ml Lemon juice
4-5 Bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180℃
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until golden.
- Remove the onions from the heat and put in a mixing bowl for later use.
- Add the minced meat to the saucepan the onions were in and brown the mince. Once the mince has been browned remove from heat and add to the mixing bowl with the onions.
- Pour 250ml milk into a small bowl, place the two slices of bread into the milk and let them soak. Once the bread has soaked up all the milk add it to the mince and onion mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Place two of the three eggs into a bowl and whisk until fluffy. Add the egg mixture to the mince mixture and mix through.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the mince mixture (except the bay leaves, milk and egg) and mix through.
- Prepare a casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray to prevent the bobotie from sticking. Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 125ml of milk and one egg together and pour over the bobotie once it comes out of the oven. Put the bay leaves spread out over the mixture and immediately put it back into the oven for another 15 minutes or until golden.
3 Chopped tomatoes
2 Chopped onions
15ml Lemon juice
15ml Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
- Chop tomatoes and onions in small to medium sized blocks.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil and sugar into a dressing.
- Chop parsley.
- Mix everything together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
250ml Fruit Chutney
83ml Chopped dried apricots
125ml Diced, Granny smith apple
- Dice the apple into small cubes and chop the dried apricots into roughly the same size.
- Combine and mix with the fruit chutney.